POEA OEC - Overseas Employment Certificate E-Receipt or Exit Clearance

Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) otherwise called as the e-receipt, exit pass and sometimes referred to as the overseas exit clearance based from our research online is actually one and the same. For those who are having a hard time trying to distinguish one from the other, let this article help you know more about this Philippine document.

What is an OEC? It is part of the governing rules and regulations of the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration to have it as a requirement to be presented as a requirement document in any exit ports in the Philippines for OFWs. Whether you are working abroad, land-based or sea-based to be properly documented and protected.

Therefore, no OFW should leave for whatever work purpose outside of the country without securing this small paper from the POEA unless you are under the balik-manggagawa program.

If you have the OEC, it means you are exempted from paying travel tax and airport terminal fees as well. Singapore-bound OFWs on the other hand may apply either in the Philippines or in Singapore.

For returning OFWs, you may opt in to apply through the Balik-Manggagawa OEC system. Inside the official website, you will have the choice to pick which location you want to get the document. Below is a shortlist of the different offices where there is a catering counter that allows transaction for the exit pass.

POEA Counters from Office Branches:

  1. POEA main office in Ortigas Avenue, Mandaluyong City;
  2. Duty Free Philippines in Parañaque City;
  3. SM-Manila near Manila City Hall; and
  4. Trinoma Mall in Quezon City.

If you are only on vacation and staying in the Philippines for five (5) days or less, you can get the OEC at the Labor Assistance Counter of the airport terminal.


There is an option for OFWs working in Singapore to apply for this document at the Philippine Embassy in Singapore. Less, you have to first make an online appointment as the POLO no longer entertains application without online reservation. It is best to apply before travel or best option is to apply for multiple OEC if you are on to travel multiple times.

POEA Regional Offices to Apply for OEC

For hassle-free and no-appointment setting walk-in applicants who are applying for POEA jobs abroad, you may do so by visiting the nearest branch or regional office near your area as listed below.

  • POEA Regional Center for Luzon

2nd Flr. LZK-Zambrano Bldg., Quezon Ave., City of San Fernando, La Union

(072) 242-5608 (telefax) / 072) 700-4236


  • POEA Satellite Office. Region II

13 Dalan na Pagayayya, Regional Government Center, Tuguegarao City

(078) 844-3076 (telefax)


  • POEA Regional Ext. Unit-CAR

Benitez Court Compound, Magsaysay Avenue, Baguio City

(074) 442-9478 / (074) 445-4209 (telefax)


  • POEA Satellite Office – Region III

One Stop Clark Processing for OFW, Claro M. Recto, Clark, Angeles City, Pampanga,

(045) 893 4152


  • POEA Satellite Office – Region IV

No. 4 Penthouse, Hectan Commercial Center, Chipeco Avenue, Brgy. Halang, Calamba City

(049) 502-2798, (049) 834-7974 (telefax)


  • POEA Satellite Office No. V

3rd Floor ANST Bldg., Washington Drive, Legaspi City

(052) 480-0144


  • POEA Regional Center for Visayas

Ground Flr. DOLE-RO7 Building, Corner General Maxilom Ave and Gorordo Ave., Cebu City

(032) 412-0040-42


  • POEA Regional Ext. Unit – Region VI

2nd Floor, S. C. Divinagracia Bldg., Quezon St., Iloilo City

(033) 336-8611


  • POEA Bacolod Satellite Office

2nd Floor, Old City Hall, Araneta-Luzuriaga St., Bacolod City

(034) 434-7391 (telefax)


  • POEA Tacloban Satellite Office

DOLE Compound, Trece Martirez, Tacloban City

(053) 321-7134 (telefax)


  • POEA Regional Center for Mindanao

2nd Flr., AMYA II Bldg., Quimpo Blvd. cor. Tulip Drive, Ecoland,Davao City

(082) 297-7429 (telefax) / (082) 297-7428, (082) 297-7650


  • POEA Regional Ext. Unit – Region IX

Unit 3, Doña Pura Building, Metrogate Corp., Veterans Ave. Zamboanga City

(062) 992-5523


  • POEA Regional Ext. Unit – Region X

Ground Floor Trinidad Bldg., Corrales Ave., Cagayan de Oro City

(08822) 724-824 (telefax) / (08822) 729-465


  • Satellite Office- CARAGA

Door 2, Nimfa Tiu Bldg IIJP Rosales Avenue, Butuan City

(085) 342-6178/7584 / (085) 225-5989

  • POEA Satellite Office – Tawi-Tawi

Initiative for Tawi Tawi Area Devt. Foundation Bldg., Old Housing Proj., Tubig Boh, Bongao, Tawi Tawi


How to Reserve a Slot for OEC Application thru Online Appointment System

The POEA has already launched last November 2012, the availability of online appointment system for application of the overseas exit clearance. But if you are just applying for local Philippines jobs, there is no need to secure one. Below is the step by step procedure on how to reserve a slot before reporting for very long line at the POEA office near you.

Please be advised that the processing of BALIK-MANGGAGAWA workers at designated BM-Processing Centers:

  • PAG-IBIG Main Office, Makati City

Shall not include the following:

  1. Household Workers.
  2. Undocumented Workers/No record(tourist/student/dependent to contract worker).
  3. Change employers.
  4. BM Processing with clearances.
    • Workers bound to restricted/banned countries.
    • Watchlisted employers/workers.

Only OFWs are required to get an OEC. In this case, OFWs would include: work permit holders such as domestic helpers as well as S-pass, E-pass, PEP and TEP holders.

What are the requirements for Issuance of Overseas Employment Certificate?

(source: philippine-embassy.org.sg)

Household Service Workers

  • Accomplished OFW info sheet
  • Valid Employment Contract (processed by POEA or the Philippine Embassy – if there is no valid authenticated employment contract, please proceed to contract processing counter (Counter 1)
  • Original Work Permit Card
  • Original Passport
  • Two-way ticket or Itinerary issued by travel agency
  • Proof of OWWA valid membership
  • Updated receipt of Pag-IBIG Fund membership contribution

S-pass/Employment Pass/Training Employment Pass

  • Accomplished OFW info sheet
  • Original Employment Card, S Pass, Work Permit Card
  • Original Passport
  • Two-way ticket or Itinerary issued by travel agency
  • Proof of OWWA valid membership
  • Updated receipt of Pag-IBIG Fund membership contribution

Personalised Employment Pass

  • Accomplished OFW info sheet
  • Valid Employment Contract (Present Company) or Certificate of Employment signed by the Employer/HR stating the contract duration
  • Original PEP Card
  • Original Passport
  • Two-way ticket or Itinerary issued by travel agency
  • Proof of OWWA valid membership (i.e. official receipt, certificate of coverage);  worth S$42.00
  • Updated receipt of Pag-IBIG Fund membership contribution

Where and when to file an OEC?

OEC applications may be filed at Window 3 of the Philippine Embassy and the schedule of filing is from Mondays to Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.

The issuance of exit pass are being done only during Sundays at Lucky Plaza.

How long will is processing time of Overseas Employment Certificate?

During ordinary days (not peak season) it only takes 5 to 10 minutes if the applicant will provide the complete and right documentary requirements.

Can a household service worker (DH) (domestic helper) apply directly with the embassy to secure the document, without passing thru Singapore agent (SinAgent)?

Yes, provided she has a valid employment contract processed by the Philippine Embassy, in addition to other documentary requirements stated above.

How much is the processing fee for Overseas Exit Clearance?

S$3.00 payable in cash only (singaporean dollars).

Application of "Multiple OEC"

Any OFW who intends to travel to the Philippines two or more times in the same calendar year may apply for and will be issued multiple OECs as per directive of the Philippine Embassy.

Issuance of MTEC will be subject to validity of the work pass and OWWA membership presented in exit clearance application.

What are the requirements for the application of a multiple travel exit clearance?

Issuance of “Multiple Travel Exit Clearances’ (Multiple OECs) is governed by POEA MC No. 12 (2005) which allows OFWs provided with short contract durations and frequent vacations to avail of the same with one year validity upon submission of the following:

  • Valid Passport (Original)
  • Valid Work Permit Card/S-pass/E-pass/TEP/PEP
  • Proof of Current Employment for TEP and PEP holders
  • Proof of OWWA membership
  • Updated receipt of Pag-IBIG Fund membership contribution

How Much is OEC Fee and Charges?

Research shows that the filing and application schedule for your O.E.C. is as follows:

(Mondays to Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m and 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.).

Another venue for your application is at Lucky Plaza – 304 Orchard Road, #03-11 (Sundays only from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.).

How much is the OEC fee?

Visiting the Teleserve online application and delivery service, the document costs and charges are as follows:

  • POEA Processing Fee – Php 100.00
  • OWWA Membership – Php 1,080.00
  • Philhealth - Php 900.00
  • 2GO / ABoitiz Courier Fee – Php 160.00
  • Teleserv Service Fee – Php 410.00

Total Fees – Php 2,650

Requirements, Validity and OWWA Membership for Balik-Manggagawa Overseas Employment Certificate

source: http://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/labor/overseas-employment-certificate-oec/frequently-asked-questions-faqs/

What are the requirements for Balik-Manggagawa Overseas Employment Certificate?

  • Accomplished Balik-Manggagawa Information Sheet;
  • Valid Passport (original copy);
  • Valid Employment Pass/ S-Pass Identification Card (original copy);
  • Valid OWWA Membership Official Receipt (original copy);
  • PAG-IBIG Official Receipt or payment contribution of Sg$5.50 for the current month;
  • Confirmed Round Trip Air Ticket;
  • For PEP Holders, please present valid employment contract, company ID, and/ or any proof of employment;
  • For Household Service Workers (HSW) holding work permits, please present valid POEA Standard Employment Contract, verified and authenticated by the Philippine Embassy; and
  • Processing Fee of Sg$3.00 per document.

What is a single Balik-Manggagawa Overseas Exit Clearance?

  • Single document (white color) is valid for a maximum of sixty (60) days from date of issuance.

What is the BM- Multiple Travel Exit Clearance (MTEC)?

  • Starting on 1 July 2013, the MTEC (green color multiple travel exit clearance) shall have a validity that is co-terminus with the employment contract but not to exceed a maximum of two years, while still employed with the same employer and returning to the same worksite.

N. B. Validity of exit pass will depend on the requirements presented at the time the worker applies, that is: (a) OWWA membership validity; and (b) Work Pass validity.

For an applicant who cannot personally go to the Phil. Embassy, he or she may request another person to apply on his/ her behalf by submitting an authorization letter along with the above requirements. For married couples, the legal spouse can apply for overseas employment certificate even without authorization letter as long as the original documents/ requirements are presented.

Can multiple OECs still be used if a worker transferred to another employer?

  • No. If a worker applied for multiple OECs and has changed employer, unused OECs can no longer be used. The worker should renew his/ her membership with OWWA, and subsequently apply for new OECs, if needed, under his / her new employer.

Can unused Overseas Exit Clearance still be used if the worker has renewed his/her passport?

  • Yes, as long as the unused document is valid, the worker can still use it provided that the old passport is attached/ presented along with the new passport to the concerned immigration authorities.

Can workers who transferred to a new employer and are holders of  In-Principle Approval (IPA) apply for Overseas Employment Certificate?

  • No. Workers who transferred to another employer and are holding IPA letter issued by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) cannot apply for the document until he or she gets the new work pass card, pay OWWA membership fee and Pag-Ibig contribution for the current month.

What are the requirements for Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) membership/ renewal?

  • Accomplished OWWA Membership Form;
  • Valid Passport;
  • Employment Pass/ S-Pass/ Work Permit;
  • Membership Fee of Sg$42.00;
  • For PEP Holders, please present valid employment contract, company ID and/ or any proof of employment; and
  • For Household Service Workers (HSW) holding work permits, please present the POEA Standard Employment Contract verified and authenticated by the Philippine Embassy.

What is the validity of OWWA Membership?

  • OWWA membership is on a per contract basis, and valid for a maximum period of two (2) years. OWWA membership insurance/ validity will depend on the work pass presented at the time of application.




Chocolate Hills Philippines

Philippines Dance Festival

Help our family maintain this site, voluntarily donate.