This is the DFA passport appointment system guide online. If you are looking for the different DFA Manila satellite office, please click here. For details on document authentication, you may read our post about it here - http://www.mypilipinas.com/dfa-red-ribbon.html.
If you think that getting a schedule to report and apply for a Philippine passport is hard to come up with, you are wrong. Today, a passport applicant have 2 choices to set a schedule for application via the new dfa passport appointment system. It can be for renewal, new passport or lost passport.
The first one is by calling the hotline at telephone number - (02) 737-1000.
This is the Teleserve process wherein any qualified applicant may opt in for extra paid service to have the appointment and submission of requirements done by a customer service.
Here, all you have to do is to report on a designated date for photo imaging and biometrics.
Step by Step Procedure for Passport Assistance by Teleserve
The second choice is to apply at the official website via online reservation system or online setting for DFA passport appointment schedule.
Watch the video below as your official guide on filling up the form form for DFA passport appointment schedule setting.
Because the application form is the most important requirement and pre-requisite for DFA passport appointment application in the Philippines as well as in other DFA satellite branches and consulate offices abroad, I will give you an official download of the form which you can get here - http://www.mypilipinas.com/support-files/dfa_e_passport_application_form.pdf. This way, you won't have to go anywhere.
"Ang trabaho ng DFA" (function of DFA) is to assist in all passport related concerns as well as diplomatic relations and communications with other countries. One of which is let Pinoys and interested passport applicants to know how to renew a Philippine passport. It is why today, 2014, this agency of the Philippine government has put up more options to come and apply in person as well as online via the DFA passport appointment setting option.
This is also the main reason why satellite branches of DFA in Manila have been put up and if you click on the previous link, you will find that target areas are popular malls in Metro Manila. This includes an office in SM Megamall, SM Manila, Alabang Town Center Mall and Robinson's Place Galleria. To see DFAs address and hotline telephone numbers, visit the link I just posted for Manila offices above or see the map below (visit Google Maps).
Passport Renewal Guide
Requirements for Brown Passport - issued prior to May 1, 1995:
Requirements for Green Passport - issued after May 1, 1995:
Requirements for Machine Readable Passport (MRP) issued 2007:
Requirements for Electronic Passport (E-passport)
For First time passport applicants:
For Renewal of passport applicants:
For Replacement of a lost expired passport:
For Replacement of a lost valid passport:
Please take note that there is an additional fee of P200.00 for a lost valid MRRP / MRP or P350.00 for a lost valid e-passport.
Please be advised that appointments from 5:00PM onwards will be considered rush processing.
GUIDELINES IN EXTENDING THE VALIDITY OF PASSPORTS
Here is the complete set of guidelines to be observed in the application for extension of the validity of Philippine passports:
1. The passport holder must personally file for the extension of his/her passport with the Consulate; (Use the DFA passport appointment system online)
2. The passport to be amended has a validity of less than 6 months;
3. The extension of the validity is a measure to address emergency or meritorious cases;
4. The extension of the validity of passport should not be considered as an alternative in lieu of a renewal of the passport.
5. The passport holder must submit an application form for the amendment of the validity of the passport, with the affidavit and passport to the Consular Officer. In the affidavit, he/she must state:
a. The reason/s for the urgency of having the validity of the passport extended for one(1) year and that he/she cannot wait for the issuance of the MRP or e-Passport;
b. The affiant undertakes to apply for a new passport within the extended period of validity; and,
c. The affidavit must be duly authenticated by the Philippine Consulate where a person is applying for the renewal of the said passport.
6. If the Consulate finds the applicant’s stated reason/s for extension to be meritorious, the validity of the passport may be extended for a period of not more than one (1) year from the date of the application;
7. In the application for the extension of the validity of his/her passport, the fee for affidavit required is waived as it addresses an emergency situation and is considered to be done gratis or free of charge. The applicant should only be charged with a flat fee of $20 for amendment of passport and shall be paid prior to any extension.
You may view and download a copy of the original transcript taken from the official website of the Philippine consulate as stated in the source below. Alternately, you may call the hotline numbers for DFA passport appointment listed at the beginning of this page above.
If you want to know how to cancel appointment, there is no way to do that if you opted in for an online reservation. You may only apply for one date to report and apply or renew your passport. On the other hand, for now show application, that is impossible at most of the time because the question of how will the department get your actual latest photo if you will not show to the office of the DFA to apply for your passport in the first place?